Friday, February 25, 2011

Woohoo!

Yeah!!!! After what feels like a long time coming...but really it isn't...Trevor and I will close on our house sometime between the 2nd and 7th of March. We will most likely move in a week or so after that. We went and saw the house again today for our inspection, and we fell in love with the house all over again. We are both so excited to move into our new home. Right now we are looking forward to all of the projects that we have started making for ourselves...building stairs off the kitchen, finishing the basement, just a little bit of paint, setting up the pre-school to be...and the list goes on and on, but gets more mundane after this. I'm sure it will reach a point that we won't be excited about projects, but as of right now I think Trevor and I are just excited because all of the projects will be for OUR HOUSE! I can stay excited about the house, as long as we don't start talking about all of the expense that comes along with the house. I don't know if I have ever met someone as much as a penny pincher as I seem to be. Spending ANY money gets my stomach churning...so I guess I need to buckle up for an extensive stomach ache. Well, the house is in Herriman...about 4 minutes away from where Trevor's office is. The top reasons I love the house are

-front porch

-landscaped yard

-adorable gables

-kitchenette by entertaining area

-nice looking wood trim/flooring/cabinets EVERYWHERE

-super cute room for Ainsley

-play room just for Ainsley (and future kids)

-big enough area for a preschool

-it is MY HOUSE!



Now, there is a large part of me that will miss several things about where we are living now...which is in the basement of Trevor's parents. We have continually commented about how blessed we have been, to be able to live in this basement to start our family and get through school. We would not be buying the house that we have now, if it weren't for the opportunity that we've had to live here. Now, my top reasons for missing our current home...

-late night talks with family

-we are 10 minutes away from almost ALL of both our families...except for our wonderful sister Suzie in Iowa

-saving money

-being able to borrow (mooch) milk, eggs, spices, soda, buttons, internet, satellite, netflix, etc...at the blink of an eye

-closer to the University of Utah for Trevor's commute (going to end soon!!)

-having someone to talk to when Trevor is away at school for the week

-being able to know my niece and nephews that live above us so well

-its close to our sons graves

-Its been our home for the past 3 years

Thank you Mom and Dad Schow for letting us have 1/3 of your house for 3 years. We are excited that you will finally have it back in a few weeks, you deserve the space. Not that your excited for it. :) Not like you have already bought ALL of the furniture to fill it up.

5 comments:

The Richards said...

Congrats guys! What a beautiful home! Where is it? This is such an exciting time. We'll have to come visit when you're settled in.

The Richards said...

Obviously I didn't read thoroughly before. I just read where it was.:)

Blue said...

YAY!!! So happy for you guys! Can't wait to see it for myself. Count on us to help move. <3 you.

Megane said...

I am soo excited for you guys and this next big step in your life!!! You have to post pictures of the inside after you move in so we can see it. I wish we were closer to come see you all and your new house. We love you guys and good luck moving in!!!

ennlee said...

Congrats, you guys!! I'm way happy for you guys! Your place looks and sounds amazing! It's beautiful!