Saturday, February 19, 2011

One Handed

Because our little Miss Ainsley loves to be held when she gets bored or tired, I have become proficient at many things with one hand...usually my right hand while Ainsley is in my left. I am sure lots of mothers get used to performing one handed but here is my list off the top of my head...

Changing loads of laundry
Cooking
Putting on make-up
Making the bed
Cleaning the house, in general
Looking up things online
Getting dressed
Packing our home in boxes
Putting on jewelry
Cleaning drool off my face/hair/clothes
Scrubbing drool/spit-up off of the floor
Balancing books/dishes/groceries/miscellaneous items on one side of me for various reasons
Blogging...

Although I realize I am not unique in having these abilities, I nevertheless find that each day I impress myself with the clever abilities that I now realize I can do.

One another note! Trevor got an iPad because of his work...And I have gotten to play on it a lot so far. I thoroughly enjoy the iPad. It is now on my Christmas list, along with my jogging stroller. I have to admit that I have had more time than lately to fool around on the iPad because my little family has been a basket case of head colds and stomach bugs for the last week. I haven't wanted to do much but sit on the couch and waist the time away. Let's hope this next week brings us health and energy.

2 comments:

Blue said...

It amazing how we evolve to keep our children happy. Sorry to hear you are all sick. Get better - let us know if we can help with anything. <3

Christy said...

Get better!