Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Easter Weekend

Easter weekend was fun! First of all, I was on Spring Break, so I have been in a really good mood. I have gone back to work by now, but I think the break gave both the kids and I a chance to rejuvenate for the next long haul. They are happy which means I am happy, which means they are definitely happy =) I spent Friday making an easter basket for Trevor. I thought I was creative and had reason to be proud of what I put in his basket (Well, our basket. I was told that if I was going to make him one, I had to make myself one..."of equal quantity, quality and monetary value"). So I made "us" a basket. It had things that made me think of fun spring activities Trevor and I will finally get to go outside and do, soon I hope. It had some religious items that made us realize why Trevor and I have so much of a reason to celebrate Easter. And it had candy.

Friday night I pretty much spent on our friend's parent's couch (Thank You Morgans!)and slept while my husband and Danny Morgan got to re-live what it felt like to be in high school. Apart from the fact that the boys had a pregnant wife and a nursing mother asleep behind them on the couch, they were able to stay up late...I won't say until what time...without a care in the world, to "hang-out". Thank you, thank you, thank you Danny and Amelia!

We loved conference. We enjoyed watching it with my Dad on Saturday. We went house hunting between sessions on Saturday and dyed eggs between sessions on Sunday. I think we do a fairly good job at egg dying.

There is always a major Easter Egg Hunt on the Schow side. If I remember correctly, there were 150 eggs hidden somewhere in the house. We also had a fabulous dinner on the Fuller side - with many guests included. We had my oldest brother with his family of 4, my younger sister with her family of 3, my youngest brother and girlfriend, two happy grandparents, my sister-in-laws family from California of 4, a son of a friend of my parents from when we lived in Kansas, Trevor and me! Nothing celebrates holidays like big family evenings! We ended the weekend satisfied, relaxed and feeling blessed.



Sorry Ryan...it is just cute to see father and son on their hands and knees looking for Easter eggs.



A wonderful grandmother, willing to go to all of the work for a great Easter hunt.



He'll be a great Dad, don't you think?

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Fun! I love Easter egg hunts! 150 eggs!!! That's awesome. Oh and congrats on having a girl!! Yay, so exciting! I can't wait to move back to Utah so all these little girls can play with Ashlyn! :)

ennlee said...

Kristine, I like that you're also a blogger and now we can be blogging buddies! I also think you do a better job updating your blog than I do! I need to update mine soon!! Looks like you guys had an awesome Easter! Congrats on your baby girl!! We're excited for you!!:)